This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person, (a natural person, who hereafter will be called the Patient or Individuals), that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of patients or individuals. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
How we Collect and Use your Personal Data
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited collects information from individuals as follows:
- Patients who are referred to us via their GP, CCG, or local NHS Trust;
- Private individuals that contact us for digital ultrasound scanning services.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited holds the following personal information:
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your GP surgery;
- Contact telephone number;
- Any contact Ultrasound Scanning Services has had with you;
- Your referral from your GP;
- Clinic visits;
- Consent form;
- Your ultrasound report;
- The “patient satisfaction survey”, which we may ask you to complete, which is anonymised.
This information is kept in electronic and paper format and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure.
Some information will be used for statistical purposes and may be requested by the Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Where we do this, we take strict measures to ensure that individuals and patients cannot be identified and all information is anonymised.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited uses the information collected from you, to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information, which Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited believes may be of interest to you. In you making initial contact, you consent to Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out, (which you can do at any stage), or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited also acts on behalf of its individual or patient, in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited will be acting on the instruction of its Individual or Patient and will work hard to ensure that the Individual or Patient is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website.
Any information Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited holds about you encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers, such as credit referencing agencies.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited will only collect the information needed, so that it can provide you with marketing and consulting services, this agency does not sell or broker your data.
Who do we share your information with?
We may also have to share your information, subject to strict agreements on how it will be used, with the following organisations:
- NHS Trusts / Foundation Trusts. Should you be referred for further care, your Consultant may request copies of the images taken at Diagnostic Ultrasound Services. This information is shared via our secure Image Exchange Portal ( IEP).
- NHS Commissioning Support Units.
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC).
Any information provided, with the exception of images, which may be requested by secondary care, is in anonymised format.
Any information we hold in paper format is transferred to our secure Private Practice Software system. Paper copies are then destroyed, (shredded), on site.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited’s contractual obligations, to patients, individuals and employees and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited and/or its clients
To promote the marketing and consulting services offered by Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited existing clients.
Through agreeing to this Privacy Notice, you are consenting to Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com, or writing to us; see last section for full contact details.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited may, on occasions pass, your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited requires these parties to agree to process this information, based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the agency without your consent. However, Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited its clients and/or the wider community.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired, to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed, will be deleted.
Data is held in Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited, on local computers. Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a Patient or Individual
At any point whilst Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited is in possession of, or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you, that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you, to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you, transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing, or profiling.
In the event that Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation, (Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited), that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited, or a third party, such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint, with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data, if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required.
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited will accept the following forms of ID, when information on your personal data is requested:
- A copy of your national ID card or;
- Driving license or;
- Passport or;
- Birth certificate and
- A utility bill, not older than three months.
- A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
If Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited is dissatisfied with the quality; further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited, or its partners, you have the right to complain to Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited’s Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Ultrasound Scanning Services Limited: Attention of the Director
452 Church Lane
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner’s Office